TAC 2019 Worship Rehearsal
Hello Music Directors of the Texas Annual Conference
My name is Dr. Craig Gilbert. I am the worship coordinator of this year’s Texas Annual Conference. On behalf of the entire worship planning team I would like to tell you about an exciting opportunity we have coming up at this year’s event. At the opening worship service on Sunday evening, May 26 at the Hilton of the Americas in Houston, we would like to feature a choir made up of singers from across our conference. This choir will be a collection of quartets from churches just like yours. In fact, we are inviting your church to put together a balanced quartet of singers who are willing to be a part of this momentous event. It has been my dream for many years to be able to invite a sampling of singers from across our conference to participate in one of our choirs. With your help, this is the year we will try to make that dream a reality. What an exciting time it will be when we gather to sing together. Will you join me?
The criteria are as follows:
- We need it to be a “balanced” quartet (SATB) of one singer per part if at all possible.
- Only one quartet per church, please. We want to be sure to have room for as many churches as possible.
- You are encouraged to combine with another church if needed to put together a quartet.
- The director or directors of may be included in the quartet.
- All members of the quartet must be available to attend 2 rehearsals as well as the service.
Saturday, May 4 at a time and place to be determined in your district.
Northwest District: Being held Marvin UMC beginning at 9am with breakfast provided beginning at 8:30am
- Sunday afternoon, May 26 at the Hilton arriving in the ballroom no later than 4pm.
- Sunday evening, also May 26 at the Hilton for the service.
- The deadline for signing up is Sunday, March 31 (directions below).
- Further details like attire, rehearsal locations, and other logistics will be sent at a later date.
We will cap this call at the first 50 churches that sign up. To register your quartet, go to https://goo.gl/forms/ft053lISrlFTUqyQ2 and fill out all of the information. Or, if you would prefer to sign up by email, send the church name, singer’s names and voice part, as well as a valid email address for each singer, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Music and other part-learning aides will be sent directly to all registered participants. All registered churches will have their names included in the worship bulletin.
This is a wonderful opportunity for church choirs of any size and any location to participate in our opening worship service. Will yours be one of them?
Dr. Craig Gilbert